Friday, June 19, 2009

Why Must You Betray Me, Oh, Mighty Taco?

For years and years, I did not eat anything from Mighty Taco, having thought its food to be barely above dog food quality.
What made it difficult was that Val really liked Mighty Taco when she needed really fast food, and basically had to get it on the days that we would not be able to eat dinner together. So, a few months ago, when we were out getting our income taxes done, I suggested that we stop there on the way home to get dinner; I knew it would improve her late-winter mood and I figured I could at least see if the food had improved.
Fortunately, they had a Buffito and a similar burrito with chicken, blue cheese and hot sauce on the menu, and it actually is pretty good, especially to me for Mighty Taco. So, I have eaten there a couple of times in the last three months or so, to Val's shock and delight.
On the way home from political volunteering last night, I stopped at Mighty Taco to pick up a couple Buffitos, and ate them with no real problem for a while. When I went to bed, I could feel the start of some stomach rumblings and stomach ache, so I took some Pepto Bismol.
This morning, I still feel rumblings, stomach achy and a little unsettledness, and am starting to realize that my body is still a bit undecided and uncertain about these Mighty Taco ventures and meals. So, be warned if you encounter me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home