Monday, June 15, 2009

Lakers Champs Again

The Los Angeles Lakers won the NBA Championship last night, knocking off the Orlando Magic, 99-86, and winning the championship series, 4 games to 1. The Lakers, along with the New York Knicks, are my favorite NBA team.
But what this really means is my sports viewing time will really drop now, because in the space of a few days, the NHL and NBA seasons have ended; the Pittsburgh Penguins captured the Stanley Cup by beating the Detroit Red Wings, 4 games to 3, Friday. I am not a big baseball fan (playing softball and baseball does not translate into fandom), and I will probably wait until playoff time to really watch any baseball. Val and I are more likely to watch Premiere League or World Cup soccer qualifiers this summer, and there is no guarantee we will do much of either.
So, I really have no excuse in getting back to somewhat normal sleeping patterns and not screwing up things via DVRed games. Right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous imerson said...

Kudos to the Lakers. It has been a good finals series. Indeed, it has been a good year for the NBA. I'm missing NBA games already

7:59 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

It was a very good year for the NBA, and I enjoyed watching the season and playoffs more than in years.

Yes, even my poor Knocks, laughing stocks that they are.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home