Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Music From the Past Played Today

Despite having some recent concerns about it, driving in my car has been a bit more fun recently due to some music I rediscovered/found.
While cleaning the media room (not even close to finished), I came across two demo cassette tapes from The Moment, one of Buffalo's greatest bands featuring Jim Redden, Jimmer Phillips and Jimmy Chambers. One tape has five songs on it, the other seven songs.
So, as you can imagine, I have been blasting them in my car as I have driven to and from work; incidentally, I drive a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier, so I have a (sometimes barely) still-working cassette player in it.
The very melodic rock, with lots of mod and psychedelic influences, holds up today, 20-25 years later, and The Moment is definitely one of the bands I would love to buy a compilation CD of; as well as these two cassettes, I have other music by them in different places in my collection. I may have to spend some time now, dig that other stuff up and play it again, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home