Sunday, June 08, 2008

Delays, Delays (In a Martian Voice)

I just got a call from Val; she's at JFK Airport in New York with her group of artists from Buffalo there on the New York Foundation for the Arts grant I previously mentioned.
Her flight home as supposed to leave JFK at 10:55 p.m. and get here at 12:26 a.m. Monday. Now, the flight is not supposed to leave JFK until about 12:30 a.m. and get here a bit after 2 a.m. The reason she was given? The weather in the Buffalo area, which, as I sit here, is calm, with no rain, thunder or lightning. It may be predicted, but it isn't happening so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek J. Punaro said...

I had coworkers headed here on a flight from LaGuardia that got turned around after being airborne due to the "weather". Guess the FAA weatherpeople aren't much better than the TV ones.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

I bet they were unhappier and more perplexed than me, Derek. Once their plane took off from NYC, I don't know how or why the weather would have kept them from getting to Buffalo.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home