Sunday, June 01, 2008

Vinyl Heaven

While doing the laundry and now blogging, I was in the mood to listen to music I hadn't had a chance to hear recently, so I figured it would be a vinyl night (kudos to Mark Wisz for helping keep vinyl relevant in my mind).
So far, I have been having a riot listening to the 1970s vinyl versions of Kraftwerk's "Radioactivity" and "Autobahn," which I was fortunate to receive as a gift from a former journalism colleague, Barbara Cattrall, who bought them either before or while she served in the military (U.S. Army, I believe) in Europe. I decided to Google her, and found out that she lives in Buffalo and has a Facebook page. I checked it through Val's Facebook account (I am neither on Facebook nor My Space), and found out that she is an official at North Park Presbyterian Church and a technical writer.
I hope she is doing well and it is always a kick to see that there is life after parting for some of us who worked together at our newspaper years ago, some of us a bit too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home