Friday, April 02, 2010

I've Still Got the Touch

With temperatures in the 70s (if not higher) today, I opened all of the windows I could get to this morning, including three in the sunroom in the back.
Since I had to take Walker Evans on his neighborhood jaunt and Val was at work, I decided to close those windows near the ground while we were gone, while the others, two and three stories up and in the front and front side, could stay open.
Of course, instead of being observant, I simply got to the back windows and pulled them down hard to close them, since they stick once in a while. As soon as I slammed the first one, two cardinals, who were on the ground just feet away, immediately took off and flew away in the diretion of the enormous tree in our backyard corner.
I guess I have to coax them back with my warm, winning personality, or maybe some seeds.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I hope your absence of posting means that you've landed a new job and you're busy with that :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

I wish so, too, Jill, but it means I'm not really up for repeating stories of rejection and how pissed off I am at it at the moment.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Bummer - I'm still working temp jobs, so I know how you feel :(

Your blogging is missed tho' :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home