Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Hosey Report: Bring It Back?

Years ago, I wrote a monthly column on music and other arts and cultural topics, strongly focusing on local original music, called The Hosey Report. After being published by Buffalo Night-Life Magazine for more than 10 years, it was printed in Buffalo Beat until I retired it in 2000-2001.
But due to my seeing a few more shows recently than I have had time to write full-blown reviews on, and receiving more local CDs to review than I have been able to publish, I am considering bringing back The Hosey Report, at first as a bi-monthly column that will eventually be published on our BuffaloRoots web site, but to be offered first as a free-subscription e-mail column to people who want to receive it.
I was quite fortunate to have received a very strong response to the column, both positive and negative; I was as honest as written words allowed me in both praising and criticizing bands, radio stations, clubs, promoters and occasionally other writers and publications.
I will be writing about local original band shows, reviewing CDs and writing opinions and news about other parts of the local music and arts scene, but I am wondering if I should bring back the old column, which started in the late 1980s, or rename it. Any thoughts you fine readers may have, particularly those who read The Hosey Report, are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home