Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Still Here

Sorry for the absence, folks; I have been busy, as you might imagine, with job hunting, insurance, benefit and other financial considerations recently, and it did not hit me until yesterday that it has been more than a week since I posted here.
I do have a few things I want to get to in some detail, so I will try to get to that later today, but I am doing OK, if a bit pissed off and depressed, as I enter week 3 for being unemployed. This is no fun at all, in fact it is a bit scary, and I appreciate that no one has even joked that I am on some kind of vacation.
On the job front, along with scouring all kinds of help wanted lists and job postings, I applied to one job that I made the first cut of, and then was assigned two writing tasks and have turned in the samples. From these writing samples, the people to be interviewed for the position will be chosen. I hope to have some news on that effort very soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I find the vacation joke doesn't come, even from the less-sensitive among our friends. People know better, especially now that there are so many of us in the same boat.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. You hit the ground running, and it doesn't sound like you've stopped. Congrats on the progress already. Hang in there.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

After losing my job, I thought I would have a lot of extra time to catch up on projects while looking for a job. WRONG! Looking for a job *is* a full time job!

Hope you get the position :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Kim and Jill. I am gratified that people are starting to realize how hard it is to look for work and how bad one feels while trying to save face and other things.

At least I've had time to start cleaning out the CD collection and find some things to sell.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home