Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Change is Gonna Come

And in fact, it already has; as some of you know or could tell, the major event occurred and, as I have written to explain things, I have now involuntarily joined the ranks of the unemployed.
In what was a controversial move to some, and destructive to others, I was one of eight people whose "services are no longer needed" by the Erie County Legislature Democratic Majority, where I served as director of communications. You can read about it here, here, here and even here, the last which makes a kind reference to me.
Actually, you should read several of the posts at both Buffalo Pundit (Alan Bedenko) and Buffalo Geek (Chris Smith) on this topic, because they have made some serious continued comments that should be read and discussed. This includes the classic explanation of events here and the same on Buffalo Pundit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully you'll have better luck landing a new job than me - I've been out of work since October and even getting an interview is a challenge :(

I'm trying to stay optimistic that something will come along soon...

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Jill; you know how bad this can feel, despite knowing and being told that it isn't your fault.

Staying optimistic is vital but oh, sop hard to do at times. Good luck in your search.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home