Monday, November 02, 2009

Media Overload/You're Not That Interesting

I may still be a bit behind in modern technology, but can someone tell me why people have their new blog posts and Twitter messages posted to Facebook?
Dear lord, do you honestly think that you are interesting enough that everyone on one social networking site must be immediately updated on every character you click, every word you think of or write on other sites?
If I want to know that much about you, I will sign up to receive your Tweets and I will read your blog; chances are , if you update every word and thought you have ever experienced, I will ignore it and you, and no, I do not Tweet nor do I still have a cellular telephone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Uh oh! I'm guilty of linking my blog posts to my Facebook page, but that's because several contacts honestly asked to be updated about blog entries. I justify it, I mean, reason that it makes sense, because 1) all my Facebook friends are actual friends/family/colleagues; and 2) I'm not a stream-of-consciousness, every-day blogger. If it got to a point of overload I might unlink it. I certainly don't want to be that person.

You still don't have a cell phone? Ha, I was just telling Aaron the other day that you didn't, but I thought maybe you did by now. The topic was up because I keep letting my cell phone service go, because I just hate talking on the phone. Hate it. I don't have one either at the moment.

11:10 AM  
Blogger heather said...

I have a friend on Facebook who updates about 8 times day. She should twitter for those of us who can't wait (or can) to hear what cute thing her 2 dogs or 3 kids did. She talks about what her middle school daughter did at Activity Night. Kristina would deactivate my Facebook account if I ever did that! (as well as some other forms of revenge I shudder to think about).

6:15 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Me too - what Kim said in paragraph 1...Sorry about adding to the list of bloggers who put the post on Facebook too, but at least not most of them! Besides, Facebook encourages it :)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home