Friday, July 17, 2009

Freelance Reality

Well, well, well, the realities of being a writer, full-time professional or freelance writer, can certainly reach out and slap you in the face at times.
As of today, as far as I can tell, my last freelance venue has dried up, no new assignments have come in, the couple of assignments I finished don't appear to be planned to be published and it's a good thing I never actually figured out where any of that money would have gone.
The money is the last thing I figure out because I do have a full-time job and so on, but it was and really still is a major part of me. Among other things, tiredness and lack of inspiration have gotten the best of me and I shouldn't have let that happen, but damn, things look crappy, or at least empty, right now. My web site writing has fallen behind, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Give yourself a break and take a break. I feel guilty a lot this summer not doing much, but I am feeling refreshed.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Cathy Carfagna said...

Yes, Kevin, hang in there and give yourself a break. I totally understand about tiredness and lack of inspiration -it happens, especially when you're trying to balance a full-time job with creative endeavors!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks for your input, guys, but I look at it as any break/vacation I take from things just sets me back more and buries me under more missed deadlines.

I just wrote something about to be posted to Buffaloroots.com, so hopefully that will get me back on track.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home