Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Long Night/Morning

I dozed off after watching Calgary beat Chicago, 4-2, in the NHL playoffs last night/very early morning, woke up at about 2:15 a.m. and headed to bed.
By the time I had sent a message on my computer, shut it down and got into bed, it was 2:30 a.m. I felt myself drifting off, warm from the blankets/comforter and from being next to Val.
At 2:35 a.m., Walker Evans started licking, and licking, and licking the floor and bedding, like dogs do when their stomachs are bothering them, building up to a near frenzy. So, from then until I finally got up before 8 a.m. when he seemed to calmed down a bit, Val and I laid there in bed with Walker between us, licking, panting and drooling.
I called our veterinarian's office, and after about 10 minutes on hold because of a doctor being absent, we got an appointment for 11:40 a.m. today. Walker seems a lot better and calmer now, but having had bloat when he was age 2 and eventually having his stomach sewn to his ribcage to stop it from flipping over and tangling his intestines again, as well as having gastritis, we are still rather concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home