Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No-List Zone, At Least For Now

Like many of you, by now I have received more requests, many via Facebook, to submit my list of the top 10, 15, 20 or 25 things about me people should know, most influential bands, albums and/or concerts, important people and things people don't know about me, than I can remember.
As of yet, I have read every list sent to me but I have not responded to any of them by submitting a list of my own. I have my reasons, and believe it or not, I do not think it is because I am a disagreeable or annoying cuss. I don't think that, at least.
The first major reason I don't respond are that, simply, I have compiled many music lists in my more than 25 years of music writing (almost 25 professionally) and am really not that big on music lists any more. Also, the 25 things about me and related items are basically the things that I regularly blog about and have already written about and will continue to write about here.
I also fear, as friend Sheryl Bower had pointed out elsewhere, that I am not certain many, if any, people will be interested in or read my list. The old low self-esteem thing that too many Buffalonians/Western New Yorkers have may be raising its ugly head.
I do, of course, reserve the right to change my mind and write up a list or lists at any time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home