Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Closer and Closer

Scientifically, it has been happening for almost two months, but in the last week or so, I have really noticed that the days are growing longer.
It first became observable when Val and I realized that she was getting home from work with a sliver of sunlight still shining, and now, it is even greater. I have also noticed for the last week or so that the winter-orange sunrise has been more and more apparent by about 6:30 a.m., and by 6:45 a.m. today, there was enough light in the media room to actually tell what the color of the clothing I put out last night was without turning on a light.
Yes, the morning posts of this blog, especially on work days, are written by the light of the computer monitor only; no need to enrich National Grid any more than is necessary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

This makes me ever so happy since I will be changing my wake-up time from 7:30 to 6:30am next Monday. Hooray for longer days!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home