Friday, February 06, 2009

From the Forehead to the Back Skull

As if the cut and bruise on my forehead Sunday wasn't enough, I had some, er, difficulty with head and face shaving Thursday night.
With Val coming home a bit later than normal because of her weekly physical therapy, I figured that from about 5:20-6:30 p.m. would be a good time to shave my head and face before making dinner. I go over everything with my Remington electric razor first, then apply Edge and shave my head with a razor, a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo.
The electric portion of the shaving went fine, and I was on the absolute last stroke of my razor shaving when I felt a nasty, scratchy gouge being dug in my head by the razor, which was only on its second use for this group of blades. I immediately blotted the area on the back left of the top and side of my head with toilet paper.
Of course, since this threw me behind schedule, I heard the car horn as Val had just gotten home, so I grabbed my coat and ran out the door, toilet paper sticking to the cut on my head. It didn't look too good and I needed to blot away blood for several minutes, but the cut did stop bleeding and lightly scabbed, so there was no real pain after a while.
Since I wear a black ski hat to bed because of the oil coming from my head due to no hair being there, I have a cover for my cut and no blood got on the bed sheets, and indeed, this morning's shower went off without a hitch or much pain.
But yeah, it is just a gorgeous looking head cut for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

OK, Now you're scaring me. You are turning into Mom! She has had two er, odd accidents recently as well.

The only thing I've done lately is get pulled over with 3 kids in the car in front of Tom's Cub Scout Den.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, you're having a rough time this week.

In related news, David's recent writing assignment featured a story about me falling down the stairs.

Sometimes I wonder how our family line has survived.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home