Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Think My Brain and Lungs Have Frozen

The predictions for the overnight temperature in Buffalo were in the single digits; pretty cold weather, but sadly too typical of Buffalo/Western New York during the winter.
When I woke up at 6 a.m. and noticed that things felt colder than normal in the house, I checked the current readings; according to the the National Weather Service, the temperature was -6 degrees. Yes, MINUS six degrees, and that was the temperature; the wind chill factor was in the -20s, with a wind chill advisory issued by the NWS.
I'm sorry, but -6 is supposed to be a number you dealt with in math or science class, not an actual temperature reading. Yes, we've been as low as -6 degees before, and even lower, but still, I am not happy; ergo, I must bitch about the weather. At least the snow seems to have laid off of Buffalo for today.
And talk about timing; I got an IM from Tony Christiano early Wednesday night; he was in an airport in Toronto waiting for his flight to ... Rome. I am so freaking happy for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home