Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Not Just Another Pretty Face

As if anyone I know needs to be told this, but I have never accomplished anything based on my good looks. I'm not repulsive, but Brad Pitt does not lay awake at night wondering if I will steal any movie roles from him.
But I don't need the kind of "help" I got Sunday. While doing laundry before the Super Bowl, I bent down in the laundry room to take some clothing out of the laundry bin. I was too close to the dryer and banged my forehead against the corner of it; while the corners have some rounded plastic on them, they are not exactly padded, and I noticed a small cut and some swelling when I checked the mirror.
Later, the cut remained, the swelling had increased a bit and the discoloration started. While I didn't end up with a shiner or anything that bad, the bump, cut and bruising made my already beauty challenged self a bit more, um lived-in looking.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, ouch.

And that totally sounds like something I would do.

10:08 AM  
Blogger heather said...

Sheesh, it so sounds like something not only the Hosey Clan would do, but the Keenans too (related by blood I guess, how fitting).

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I regularly bang my head on the upper cupboard doors in the same way, actually. I mowed off my big toenail with the refrigerator. I rather infamously closed my head in the car door in front of several witnesses. Yep. I'm carrying on the klutz legacy in spades.

6:46 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Kim, Did you hear what your grandmother has been up to?

She dropped the shredder on her big toe, luckily just bruised, not broken. And New Years Eve sliced her finger with a pair of scissors trying to cut apart a credit card.

So actually it comes from the Connelly side. And it appears to be dominant (Kristina is studying genetics in 7th grade) since all three of her kids got it, and all of our children did too. (Tom sliced off his big toenail with the front door last summer).

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home