Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winter Didn't Go Anywhere

Buffalo/Western New York residents should know that winter never leaves in February, even after several days of 50-degree-plus weather and a few more of 40-degree high temperatures like we just had.
Overnight, the temperature dropped from about 50 degrees at 11 p.m. to the current 32-degree reading, according to the National Weather Service, and the snow and howling winds (from the west at 32 miles per hour, gusting to 39 miles per hour) are back and being annoying. Val noted that the bed was moving during the wind gusts over night, while I slept through them.
People should, as usual, break out their gloves, hats, hoods, heavier winter clothes, scarves and sweaters; I will be wearing my amazingly warm lined navy blue dress pants from Land's End along with my usual dress shirt and tie today.
As usual, some media upped the original 3-5-inch snowfall prediction for today by the NWS, now lowered to 2-4 niches, up to 4-7 inches, and are predicting 2-4 inches for tonight, unlike the 1-3 inches predicted by the NWS. I know who I trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home