Friday, February 20, 2009

Oil of Dog Online

I forgot to write about this when I found it a few months ago, but those of us who fondly remember Gary Storm's "Oil of Dog" program on WBFO-FM and WUWU-FM in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as those who may have heard of it but missed out on it, can catch up with some great memories and reading at the Oil of Dog web site, constructed by Gary Storm himself.
Storm and his program were everything great radio should have been and were/was; fantastic music from almost every genre, an encyclopedic knowledge of music and other ephemera by Storm, a sense of humor, irreverence, occasional haughtiness, naughtiness and arrogance, a memorable theme song ("I Hate You" by Kim Fowley) and a real connection with the listener. No doubt Storm and "Oil of Dog" are one reason I became such a night person and someone who needs 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and can function well with a lot less.
There is a ton of material and some great photographs posted on this site, so you can set a good amount of time apart and read a lot or just browse, but this is a great site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to contact Gary Storm. If he is still with us, I'd love to be able to thank him for opening so many doors.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home