Friday, February 27, 2009

Candy Conundrum

Sometimes, the fun and joy out of eating a simple piece of candy can be ovewhelmed by rudeness, self-absorption and greed.
During last Sunday's weekly grocery shopping trip to Wegmans, I stopped in the bulk food section to pick up my weekly supply of Tootsie Pops. I get 10, broken down into orange, grape and cherry; one in a while, I will toss in some raspberry.
A woman about age 40-50 was at the Tootsie Roll bin, digging in and around and putting some to the side that she didn't want; she asked a nearby Wegmans associate if they had any more cherry Tootsie Pops in the back, and was told no, not until more came in Monday. The woman expressed some disgust and walked away to the weighing area.
Yes, you guessed it, she had exhausted the store's supply of cherry Tootsie Pops, which was not surprising when I saw how many cherry Tootsie Pops, and no other flavor, she had in her bag. She actually complained out loud to herself as she weighed them that the store should have known better and had more on hand.
I only wanted three or four cherry Tootsie Pops, and I substituted some others to get my usual 10. I can't imagine getting more than a pound of just cherry Tootsie Pops and no other kind, digging to the bottom of the almost-full bin, asking a Wegmans worker to check in back for more and then bitch about the store running out of them.
I almost hope to see this rude candy douchebag at Wegmans this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Wow, you didn't tell me that one...

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ron E. said...

Oh Maaaan, Rude Candy Douchebag is playing at Wegmans? I LOVE that band. I woulda figured them for the Continental, but I guess they're looking into more innovative venues now.

RCD do an awesome cover of "Cherry Oh Baby" from the Stones' Black and Blue album.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home