Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Here and Functioning Again

I missed this morning's (and afternoon's) writing deadlines because I was feeling a bit under the weather and did not go to work today.
At about 2:15-2:30 a.m. today, I woke up and went into the bathroom; it takes a lot to get me out of bed at that hour. Almost nothing happened despite my concern, so I went back to bed. I told Val to set the alarm for 5 a.m. so I would have time to shovel the snow and still get into the shower by 6 a.m., but I felt a bit of a chill at 5 a.m. and the snow looked less deep than it was, so I went back to bed.
When the alarm went off at 6 a.m., I still felt a bit chilly, so I e-mailed work, went back to bed for another hour or so and got up to shovel the driveway, sidewalk and stairs before Val left for work so she could walk without slipping.
I kind of wish I had gone back to bed, but I was awake by then and accomplished a few things and had my coffee, as I apparently wasn't falling back asleep any time soon. By midday I felt better and I was able to make dinner (chopped up chicken, rice and coconut curry sauce from the Lexington Co-Op) and feel better still.
The Sabres' loss to New Jersey, 5-3, certainly didn't make me feel any better, but as of now, I will be going in to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home