Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rick Rolled: Stop It, It's Not Amusing

Will someone please tell me why anyone at any time found the act of "Rick Rolling" someone or something, having Rick Astley appear and perform, was funny, amusing or interesting?
To me, it is as dumb and unamusing as can be, one of those attempts by people trying unsuccessfully to be cool, hip or younger than they are and wrongly believe that they are doing something interesting or nutty. I'd call it an even whiter, lamer version of "Baba booeying" someone or something.
I was referred to Rick Astley's latest "unscheduled" appearance, on the Cartoon Network float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, by some people, and watched it; so freaking what?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauldub said...

I thought I was the only one that disliked Rick Astley. Worth a grin once, after that an eyeroll.

6:00 PM  
Blogger heather said...

I couldn't figure out why he was there singing a 20+ year old song.

I'm so out of it I didn't know there was a baba booey thing about it. (at least I know what that meant).

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home