Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Quick Food Question

I hope some of your more adventurous, or at least knowledgeable, Buffalonians/Western New Yorkers reading this blog can help me on this food question.
Do you know where one can go to get a good order of huevos rancheros and possibly some migas? There are very few places who even atempt to make them or even advertise them around here, and the last place I ate them in Buffalo, Off the Wall on Elmwood Avenue near West Utica Street, closed early this year.
I realize that authenticity is often a question with Latin based food, and that Val and I had the most amazing huevos rancheros, migas and other Mexican American food in Austin, Texas, several years ago, but any suggestions would be vastly appreciated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just talking about that this weekend! I make huevos rancheros at home, but don't know of anywhere here in Buffalo. Maybe I had them at brunch at JP Bullfeathers? I forget!!!

Let me know when you find out though. Mmmmmmm.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had huevos rancheros at Le Metro in Williamsville many moons ago. Liked it, but it was my first and only so can't say if it was authentic. Have not seen migas on a WNY menu but will keep a look out.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if they have them, but check that mexican restaurant at Niagara Falls Blvd and Eggert Road (Mexican Grill in what had been the old Denny's)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home