Sunday, September 30, 2007

Stocking Up for Halloween

It's that time if year, wirth October starting tomorrow (MondaY), for Vl and I to start buying enough candy to handle the hordes we get a thte Dunne-Hosey Estates here in teh Elmwood Villaghe for Halloween.
I started buying our Halloween candy while shopping at Wegmans three weeks ago; we got 62.5 ounces the first week, 77.9 ounces the second week and 68.75 ounces this week, all in the "Fun Size" bags of varying weights. In other words, we have bought 209.15 ounces of candy so far, or a bit more than 13 pounds of it.
When I started buying the candy, the female cashier laughed at first, but her jaw dropped when I told her that we handed out more than 16 pounds of candy last year, and had to stop when we had only three pieces left. "I'm a country girl and this is my first Halloween in the city; we used to get 3-5 trick-or-treaters each year," she said.
I think we have a few more bags of candy to buy, and yes, we do buy the good stuff, only candy we would eat ourselves, except we always buy one kind-of-big bag of cheaper/unchocolate candy for obnoxious and/or rude trick-or-treaters or those who appear to be ready to shave their faces, legs, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home