Monday, September 24, 2007

Whence the Apple Dumpling?

Val and I were disappointed and disturbed when we went to the Apple Dumpling restaurant on Elmwood Avenue in Kenmore for breakfast Saturday; while the outside sign was still there, the doors were locked, the shades were gone, the walls were bare inside and all of the condiments, etc., normally on the tables were packed up.
What the heck happened? Val and I have eaten breakfast there since we started dating more than seven years ago, and Val actually had been going there for a while before we stared dating. Sharon, the owner and cook, is a great woman, crusty outside with the heart of gold that would be cliched if it wasn't true inside.
If anyone knows what happened to the Apple Dumpling and/or Sharon, please let us know; we're hoping our Kenmore correspondent Becky has some information. The last time we tried to eat there was Labor Day weekend, and we figured it was closed for the holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I don't know and had not noticed it was closed. We never ate there (we tended to the Village on Military).

I know, I'm no help at all.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I drove by it yesterday and noticed that there is a new diner in its place. Since I was driving (and had child in car) I couldn't really slow down and look at the new name.

I'm still not much help

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home