Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Funny How Time Flies

For those of you wondering why it has been more than a week since my last post, it first was a situation of being busy with work, political volunteering, helping my mother in her post-surgical recovery and attending an excellent Ani DiFranco show with Val at the Church/Babeville.
But it seems that my body thought that during this very important and busy time, that it would be oh, so lovely to host a return visit of the flu/flu-like virus I had during the winter that caused me to miss about a week of work.
Luckily, it is not as bad a version, because I am returning to work today, after missing only two days and maybe a few hours today, but good lord, let me tell you it was no fun doing a lit drop on a Saturday morning when the temperature is in the low 40s (or even colder) and I was breaking out in a sweat so bad that by the end of the first block, my shirt and t-shirt were soaked. Navigating the Wegmans in Depew for my mom while my stomach was fighting itself and apparently my ribcage was no fun, either.
Worse, I missed the Mark Freeland tribute show at the Town Ballroom Saturday night; Val had bought our presale tickets and had prepared a slide show of 1980s/early 1990s photos of Mark for the event, which fortunately I got to see on her computer, and she was still able to attend. According to Val, it was an absolutely wonderful show, with tons of Mark's friends, colleagues and fans and loads of great bands and artists present (on the other hand, ask Val about the "punk rocker" she dressed down).
The meal of choice for a few days? Rice Krispies, as well as a couple of McDonald's chocolate milk shakes, and so far, I have gone for about four days without coffee; except or the last time I had this damn virus/flu, it is probably the longest I have gone without since I started drinking coffee.
Anyway, I recovered enough to do lots of political stuff yesterday (every candidate I voted for/worked for won their primary race), and now I have a lot of catching up to do with writing a review of the Ani DiFranco show and lots of blog stuff. Oh, and eating, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Hope you feel better soon. :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger heather said...

I hope you're feeling better. Kristina has had a bad cold, and I have been avoiding her sneezes, etc. Luckily she didn't get it until after her try-out for Mulan in Middle School. She has a dressmaker solo, pretty good for her first gig. Take care and keep your cooties to yourself!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home