Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Get That Iodine Away From Me

After about 20 years of keeping my hair about 1/4-1/2 inch long, I started shaving my head several months ago; I really like it, Val really likes it and it has worked out fine so far.
I started by using my electric razor, but switched to razor blades and shaving cream (actually Edge gel) two months ago; ideally, it is faster and closer.
Of course, theoretically, it can be more dangerous, and for some reason, the last 2-3 times I have shaved my head I have gotten worse cuts and nicks than ever before. I just finished about 5 minutes ago, and there was actual blood flowing from a cut behind my ear, over the ear lobe, across my cheek and lower chin. I looked like a 1980s hockey fight participant, and I know the back of my head looks even worse, because it certainly feels worse.
Maybe it's time to actually buy some GOOD blades that don't come in packs or plastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home