Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Want My Alpha-Bits

For some reason, I have not been able to find or buy one of my favorite cereals, Post Alpha-Bits, recently at either Wegmans or Tops Markets.
I tried to buy some a week or so ago while I was getting over the flu, because cereal was one of the very few solid foods I could keep down, and I figured it would be a good idea to complement the Rice Krispies I was able to eat with another relatively uncomplicated cereal. But I could not find it then or any other time I went grocery shopping for either myself or my mother Sheila (whose recovery and rehab from hip replacement surgery is going very well, thank you).
Has anyone heard anything about the production of Post Alpha-Bits, even if it is bad news such as reduced or suspended production, and does anyone know where I can buy Alpha-Bits (plain, not the ghastly marshmallow variety)? I would be grateful to hear anything on this vital topic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

It reminds me of the trauma my kids went through when they quit making Keeblers Chocolate/Fudge cookies, the ones with elves. They have other combinations, but it's not the same!

I was curious, and found this online (mourning the loss of the familiar Alpha-bits):

http://kamirice.blogspot.com/2005/12/where-oh-where-have-alpha-bits-gone.html

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could buy Lucky Charms and take out the marshmallow bits. it's the same thing, although not alphabet-shaped.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Really, Eric P.? I hadn't heard that before, and it has been decades since I ate Lucky Charms. I will have to check that out.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home