Saturday, October 21, 2006

Neither Rain Nor Sleet Nor Snow?

With my birthday October 11, there would be cards coming in from a few counties away. My sister, Heather; her husband, Mike, and their children, Kristina and Tommy, live in Wayne County, New York, on the other side of Rochester. With the recent storm, I also knew that some of the cards would be a bit late; my mother Sheila's card got here from Depew Monday, October 16.
But today, Saturday, October 21, I got my card from Heather and her family in the mail; the postmark on the card is Tuesday, October 10. I know that the storm had its effects in many areas and I am not pissed off because there are lots of things way more important than me getting a birthday card on time. But I am amused and confused, because I could have walked from Wayne County to here in less time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home