Saturday, October 21, 2006

Another Musical Abomination

As readers here know, I hate it when songs from my musical history, especially songs from the past I enjoyed and were from my early punk/new wave days, get used and abused in commercials.
The latest one to make me cringe is the local automobile dealership (I'll be damned if I can remember its name) that is using the old new wave classic from the 1970s, "Driver's Seat" by Sniff 'n' the Tears. This prostituting of a good song from my past has me wearing my thinking cap for an award to devise to reward this yeoman's work in crapitude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Yeah... Don't know the song, but I share your pet peeve.

I still can't hear "Lust for Life" without having visions of Fred Grandy and Gavin McLeod grinding on Julie the cruise director on the dance floor.

1:23 PM  
Blogger val said...

That may be the worst commercial memory of "Lust for Life," but I am getting nervous about how many different companies are and will use that song in an advertisement.

And thanks for planting that lovely picture of a "Love Boat" three-way in my head, Prego.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home