Friday, May 05, 2006

Senators Snooping?

It can be amazing who hits your blog.
While I was making dinner last night, Val called me from the living room: "Hey, hon, you have to come take a look at this." I knew she was using her laptop, so I figured it either had to do with something sent to us, posted to our blog or web site, written about us or pertaining to the Buffalo Sabres. Well, it was a combination; Val was checking our blog stats, and found that at 4:59 p.m. Thursday, May 4, our blog had been hit by someone with a home address at ottawasenators.com, and the IP address description was "Ottawa Senators Hockey Club." I checked the site and as far as I can tell, this is the official site for the Ottawa Senators hockey team.
What makes this even more interesting is that our site was hit following this Yahoo search: "buffalo sabres bad photos." Yeah, nice try, people, but not here; also, you really made a friend in Val, who our friends to the north apparently don't know is a professional photographer.
My prediction? My heart says Sabres in 7, my head says Senators in 7, so ... Sabres in 7.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen the IRS.gov and other um...interesting addresses lurking about yet? always fun... 8-)

Sabres rule.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

No IRS yet, Kim, but we do get a decent amount of governmental hits. Most of them are either .edu from around Buffalo and New York State or from foreign governmental agencies. We seem to be a hit with South American and European civil servants.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An untapped market for Buffalo Bloggers, to be sure.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home