Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Another Gift From Mother Nature

I drove home from some political volunteer work starting at about 8 p.m. Monday, and Mother Nature put on a pretty good show.
Sunset in particular was amazing; with very, very few clouds showing, the orange, pink and purple of sunset blended to take up the entire horizon. Because I was driving mainly on the I-990, I-290 and I-190, there were not too many tall buildings and not much background of the city in general, even as I entered Buffalo in Black Rock. Looking out at Lake Erie was breathtaking; the light shimmered off the water.
Driving in and seeing so much of the sky taken up by a clear night and all of these colors actually made the long drive from northern Amherst to the West Side of Buffalo tolerable, as did knowing I was finally getting home to Val and Walker Evans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home