Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sleep and Stubbornness

In a post here yesterday, I mentioned that due to be tired and having another busy day, I wondered how long I would be able to stay awake last night.
Well, I made it until somewhere between 10-10:5 .m. before I dozed off on the couch downstairs and woke up at 11:15 p.m. I then started Walker Evans' dinner and fell asleep for a few more minutes before watching a dreadful couple of minutes of the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and then turning to David Letterman.
After feeding the dog and going upstairs, as usual, instead of just checking e-mail or turning off the computer and going right to bed, I started to check Facebook, surf the Internet and so on, and go to bed a bit before 2 a.m.
There are no excuses; I simply didn't have the willpower or, in a half-sleep/trance state, enough smarts to go right to bed; I am a bit tired now, although not as bad as if I had stayed up straight until the same time. But I hope I'll smarten up some and just go to bed for once when I come upstairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home