Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Price Rite: Setup Wrong

Well, I went back to Price Rite, the supermarket where everything is everywhere, Monday to find a couple of items we forgot when shopping at Wegmans Sunday.
I went looking for burrito/enchilada sauce and sour cream; I had a feeling that they wouldn't have sour cream, and I could not find any when looking in the dairy areas (yes, areas).
But the fun repeated itself like the last time I was there when I tried to find the burrito/enchilada sauce; there was one row with virtually nothing but Goya products, but no sauce except for one pasta sauce. I had already looked down another aisle and found nothing. I then asked a stock person where the burrito/enchilada sauce was, and was directed to a row that had a lot of pasta sauce, but again none of the sauce I needed.
I then checked a few more aisles, but the time was running out for me; one of the reasons I had stopped at Price Rite was that it is a few blocks from home on my way home from work and allegedly faster/more convenient. Instead, I had to drive several miles to Wegmans, where I easily found these two items.
I am trying not to swear, so I will skip my planned ending for now. But I am not happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Did you forget about Tops on Niagara? Not a bad place as long as it's not the first week of the month (like any grocery store).

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh; we have a few places here that are like that. I absolutely hate any and all shopping, so I get immediately angry if I can't find something and end up wandering the aisles like a dumbass. To make it worse, my most common shopping companions love browsing. Just standing there, staring at crap. Agh!

They let me shop alone now.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

I forget that Tops is on Niagara, Becky, although even if I did, I am really a Wegmans person.

I am also a bit anal when it comes to grocery shopping, Kim. If I need a few items, I know exactly where everything is and I plot out the best route.

But regular grocery shopping? I start at one end and methodically mow down the store to the other end. I do have to accommodate for Val and slow down a bit, and she also likes to look at things not on the list, unlike me.

I will hit people with my cart when necessary, mainly to defend Val.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home