Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It Must Have Read This Blog

After writing about how horrifying I find it to be out in the neighborhood when the ice cream truck that incessantly plays "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin drives by, I got a broadside Monday.
I was walking Walker Evans and had turned onto Ashland Avenue from Summer Street when we heard the dreaded sounds of this ice cream truck; it turned the corner right behind us coming from Elmwood Avenue and due to stopping a couple of times, remained there for most of the long block to Bryant Street, passing us just before the end.
Being so close, we could hear the horrid repetitious song for minutes after the truck went by us, and I think Walker will bark at me when he sees me all but taunting the truck again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home