Friday, May 22, 2009

Nice Hockey Music

During one of the first breaks in Thursday's 7-4 win by the Pittsburgh Penguins over the Carolina Hurricanes in the NHL playoffs, I received a pleasant musical jolt.
Most NHL (and NBA) arenas play loud music from the moment the whistle blows to stop play until the puck is dropped or the ball inbounded, and Pittsburgh is no different. But, at this particular stop, I heard familiar guitar chords ground out and the band kicking in to the original recording of Iggy and the Stooges "Search and Destroy," a great freaking song.
Frankly, since Iggy/James Osterberg is from Detroit, I would have expected to hear this song during the Red Wings' playoff campaign, as well as more of their music. I mean,who wouldn't be inspired to hear just about anything from The Stooges, Funhouse or Raw Power, the band's first three albums, come blasting out of some arena's speakers?

1 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

For a sport that has played 'Blur' to death, I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the hockey game songs I have been hearing lately.

Stooges Rock!!!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home