Monday, May 25, 2009

Lost Another Good Person

While celebrating my niece Kristina's first confirmation at my sister Heather and family's house in Walworth yesterday, I learned of some very bad news.
Heather warned me and then showed me a newspaper article reading that Kathleen Perry, a Lancaster High School graduate, music teacher and very talented viola player and musician in general, had died.
Kathy was about Heather's age and several years behind me, but I had met her a few times when my parents were Lancaster High School Band Booster co-presidents and later heard her performing on record/CD and in person with David Kane's Them Jazzbeards. As well as being a great musician, she was always very nice, intelligent and personable. Some people may also know her from her brother, Geoffrey Fitzhugh Perry, another fantastic musician who has played with Gamalon and Fitzhugh and the Fanatics (and as a sideman with Ani DFranco and Electroman), among others. I was fortunate to perform in the LHS Marching Band and, for a short time, Orchestra with Geoff.
We send out of condolences and best wishes to the family of Kathleen Perry, another good person who left us too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home