Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Canines and Stomaches; Fun For All

I've mentioned in the past that our dog, Walker Evans, a blend of breeds, has serious stomach issues, including bloat (which he somehow survived) and gastritis, causing us occasional fun. The last 15 or so hours has featured some of this.
When I got home from work yesterday, I was greeted by a pile of dog puke in the living room, with some plastic wrap inside it. I found out exactly what it was the old fashioned way; I stepped in a little bit of it, and with the light not yet on in that room, I didn't recognize it and picked it up with my bare hands.
After cleaning everything up, I took Walker on his neighborhood jaunt (lots of pooing), and after we got back, along with starting to make dinner, I had to boil him some rice for his meals for the next day or so.
He was quiet for most of the night, but at 4:40 a.m.today, he woke Val and I up gagging in the hallway. I actually jumped out of bed, searched the bedroom and hallways, but found no actual puke or wet spots where Walker would have pulled the dog tradition of eating his own vomit, and then rushed him into the backyard, where he pooped but did not puke.
While Val and I tiredly get ready for work, Walker is now resting quietly on the bed, although Val could hear some interesting noises coming from his stomach as she got out of bed. Man, do I hope the story ends here, and yes, this is why I haven't written about Lou Saban or the dumbass "Ralph Wilson is dead" rumor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ewwww. And poor Walker. He's lucky, though, to have you guys to spoil him and take care of him.

I stepped in cat puke a few days ago with bare feet. Fun times.

2:06 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Did I mention that Snuggles K Cat spent 3 days at the vet two weeks ago? Gastroenteritis or colitis, they're not sure. We too cleaned up interesting piles from both ends. She needed an IV, she was dehydrated and was on 3 different pills. Now she's on prednisolone and back to normal. She's 17 which is 86 in people years, I think she may be on her 8th or 9th life. (Can't afford too many more!)

I hope Walker is better!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home