Friday, August 08, 2008

Best Laid Plans ...

I took today off from work to basically get to a bunch of household cleanup projects, all of them indoors after the rain left the lawn and yard wet. As usual, I got to some but not all, and some planning would have helped.
That even goes for breakfast; on workdays, I eat a bowl of cereal and drink a mug of coffee and glass of juice, and when I am off, if Val and I are not off together and going out to breakfast, I like to make an omelette, fry some eggs for eating regular or in a sandwich, or pancakes. When I opened the refrigerator, I saw that there were no eggs because I didn't put them on the grocery list. When I opened the cupboard the pancake mix (Bisquick or Pillsbury) is kept in, there was no mix.
I had about 8-10 spoonfuls of Wegmans version of Fruit Loops, a very good generic cereal, in its box, but they were old; I also had more than a half-box of Wegmans flakes du frosted, which I had just decided to try and found out weren't as good a generic version of Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes as the other cereal was.
My breakfast ended up being the fake Fruit Loops remains and a half doughnut, as well as coffee and juice; Val is letting me pick dinner, and I believe we are going Indian tonight; I am freaking hungry, having skipped lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home