Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Surprisingly Good Treat

In my recent battle to lose 12 unexpected extra pounds, I dropped a decent amount of snacking and changed others. I have lost at least half of that gain and am on my way back to 204-205 pounds.
But, being a chocolate fanatic, I can't entirely do without candy or other chocolate treats, and I found one that remains relatively good for me while being pretty tasty: Weight Watchers' Nutty Nougat candy. I eat one of them a night (although, after going four nights without one, I ate two last night); they are delicious and do their job without requiring me to stuff my face.
Any suggestions for other chocolate items that aren't so bad for me would be appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

I'll have to try that nougat one. I eat the 100 calorie packs and the "candy" is pretty good. My favorite is chocolate covered pretzels. (I too have the chocaholic gene).

I might lose weight if my *&&*^ %^#$# heel gets better. I may get that cortisone shot Monday, I'll let you know!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Good point; the 100-calorie packs of cookies are pretty good for road trips.

The Weight Watchers' Nutty Nougat Chew is really good, and the Almond Nougat is good, too, although a lot chewier and it sticks more to your teeth. The Weight Watchers' candy I've tried is much better than the Russell Stover and other brands of low-sugar, low-calorie candy, which are much too bland.

Yes, get the cortisone shot; your heel will never heal with your schedule without doing it.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three musketeers has a 100 calorie bar-got a box at Target. Cures that craving well. Also peppermint patties do the trick--the regular bag size work at 2 pieces per serving. Yum. BTW, I checked out that WW candy and it does have sucalose in it!! Dont eat too many --remember my ice cream story??

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home