Friday, March 21, 2008

No Sports for You

Working for Erie County (one of its governmental entities), I can attest to you readers that the NCAA Men's Basketball Tourament will not be distracting my work.
Fort at least the second year in a row, Erie County is blocking sports on its Internet connection. I knew that this would be happpening, and frankly, I don't have time to watch games or play the brackets or anything like that at work, and I also know that it is simply wrong to do so on the taxpayer's dime.
But I figured I would check yesterday to see how far it went. I checked these sites, and all of them were blocked: CNN/SI.com, ESPN.com, NHL.com, NCAA.com and even the BBC online sports site. The Buffalo News sports section could be accessed, but that was all I could find.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

Can you access sports sites by using something like anonymouse.org?

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home