Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend of Panels

No, I did not attend a conference last weekend; when I wasn't clearing our sidewalk and driveway of snow or digging and/or pushing cars of out snow, I spent lots of time Saturday and Sunday sorting out my comic book collections.
My comic books are a serious split between independent/alternative and big label comics, and the indie comics I enjoyed the most include Love and Rockets, Neat Stuff, Yummy Fur and several other Fantagraphics and Drawn & Quarterly publications. I was on the DC Comics side of the DC/Marvel question, and my favorites there include Sandman, John Constantine Hellblazer, Watchmen and probably my all-time favorite DC Comics title, V for Vendetta (a much better comic than movie).
There are lots more, and my weekend of sorting and cataloging did not complete my project, and of course, there were interruptions shaking my head in surprise over seeing so many issues of Omaha the Cat Dancer and the various Batman and Justice League titles.
Yes, I have some serious geek in me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geek on moment...

I've been to Charles Vess's (he of Midsummer Sandman/ Stardust illustration fame) studio.

Granted it was 13 years ago..

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

13 years or not, that's pretty cool and pretty geeky, Beth. Sandman is an all-time favorite of mine.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Gaiman really "ruined" graphic novels for me because after sandman and various spin offs I kept looking for more like his work vs. what I could find in North Texas (where I lived for 6 years)- comic and graphic novels choices were very limited (more geared towards superhero and japanese comics vs. the story of gaiman).

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home