Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brian

Today, February 28, 2008, would have been the 50th birthday of my late big brother, Brian Hosey, who died in June 1995. Damn, do I miss him, and would love to hear what he had about the way I have become, particularly since Brian was an arch conservative.
I know that he is very proud of how his family turned out; his wife, Janet, daughters Kim and Colleen, son Dan and grandson David, and I would love just one more time to argue politics, Sabres versus Bruins, Bills versus Raiders or The Clash versus the Beach Boys, with him. I with I could write more, but a certain emptiness remains.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Really nice post. I posted on his birthday too, though Blogger and my computer weren't playing nice so it only just recently showed. (Mine's considerably longer, because I don't have the extra time I should take to cut it down. Only another writer, I think, can understand how less time can equal longer writing.)

I took David to the baseball field. It was a beautiful evening.

And I think I own stuff by The Clash and the Beach Boys.

1:06 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Wow, I can't believe 50! Look at the photos on Kim's blog (and her writing) when you get a chance, it's wonderful!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home