Friday, February 15, 2008

Sleeping Chocolatey Dreams

I assume at this point that most of the readers of this blog who work at, manage or own candy stores or make/manufacture candy are sleeping the sleep of the righteous right now, as Valentine's Day has come and gone for another year.
Val was the recipient of some fine coconut clusters and orange milk chocolate sponge candy from Watson's on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, and the store was packed a few days ago when I went there. Happily enough, everyone in the store at the time, whether customer or worker, was in a good mood.
I can't remember the last time I went to a candy store outside of a holiday to buy chocolate for someone else; I may still not trust myself enough to do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aaron and David each gave me fine chocolate this year, and promptly requested some.

I threatened their lives if the dark chocolate truffle goes missing.

Happy Valentine's to you both.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

I believe no court would have found you guilty of any wrong doing, Kim; we are talking dark chocolate truffles here.

Happy Valentine's Day to all you guys, too.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home