Tuesday, January 29, 2008

State of the Union Improves as Bush Leaves

Last night was the first time I actually cheered at one of President George W. Bush's State of the Union Addresses, but only because it was his last one and we will be done with his vile presidency and administration in less than a year.
With misleading and all but false "facts" and information, taking credit for things he didn't do or lead on, threatening other countries and leaders without concrete reasons or need, pandering to the lowest and not even common denominator and still believing in the swill of his right-wing ideology, I suppose Bush was just being Bush, but he and his minions have done more than enough damage to this country.
And if the Republican lunatics in the Senate and Congress had stood up and cheered and yelled one more time, I would have called for a mass game of Musical Chairs and gladly pulled away their seats. Too many Democrats played the same game, apparently not believing that their constituencies, who elected them, wanted them to appear at all different from the Republicans.

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

I haven't watched one in 8 years. I feel guilty, since with a news background I should, but I just couldn't. I even tried last night, but I felt nauseous seeing and hearing Bush, and I really can't stomach even looking at Cheney. And I hate all of that applause stuff, since the few times I have peeped in over the years, he always pauses long enough so they know when to applaud. BLEAH

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home