Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not That Size Matters, But ...

While picking up a couple of things at Wegmans Monday I forgot to get Sunday, I made, for me, a first-time Buffalo Sabres' sighting (as in first time I saw this particular Sabre) there; as I went to get into the "7 Items and Under" line (two items, no cheating), I saw Sabres' forward and enforcer Andrew Peters with a full cart a few lines away.
Now, I am no midget at 6-foot-3 and about 205 pounds, but I felt like one when I walked past Peters; he is listed at 6-foot-4, 247 pounds by www.hockeydb.com, but I thought he was down to about 235 pounds this season. Either way, even without skates, he seemed much taller and built like a linebacker. Interestingly, no one went up to say "hello" or ask for an autograph before I cashed out and he was still in line.
One point of note: When I checked Peters' statistics, it said that he was the Sabres' 2nd-round draft choice, 34th overall, in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft. Really? Wow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

One time I was in there and a few of the women working the cheese area were talking about the players they just saw in the store.

Then there was the time I was chatting to some guy about the changes to the store and only later realized it was you.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Ha; I remember when you e-mailed Val about meeting me; I recall talking about Wegmans particularly because I was glad to be speking to someone who was actually thoughtful.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home