Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Bbbbbllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaahhh

So, what kind of excitement rang in the New Year here at the Dunne-Hosey Estates?
Due to Val working New Year's Day, she went to bed just after 10 p.m., and shortly after we ate a lovely meal I made, I got a queasy stomach and the chills, so I was huddled under a blanket on the couch watching a college bowl game on DVR.
At midnight, the fireworks from downtown woke up Walker Evans, who barked for a few minutes before he settled down; Val woke up and we exchanged New Year's greetings from downstairs to upstairs. A little more than an hour later, I threw up for the first time, providing my first encore four hours later, then again shortly after noon and then after 1 p.m. All I did that afternoon was sip ginger ale and watch the Winter Classic Sabres-Penguins hockey game, then later pick Val up from work.
While I am feeling a lot better, I am still nowhere near 100 percent, and am writing this from under my blanket on the couch; I was OK to take Val to work, but having eaten no solid food other than five crackers and a roll with jelly in the last 42 hours, I need a bit more rest.
But, seeing the New Year with Val and Walker makes this seem like an insignificant event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home