Friday, December 21, 2007

Feist Upon Us

I do not believe there is any way in which Val and I could be more sick of Feist (basically singer Leslie Feist of several Canadian bands), mainly through the atrocious"1 2 3 4" song featured/made a torture on the Apple iPod commercials.
But having had to sit through a song and several minutes of hagiography on NPR when the oh, so trendy music critic tug jobbed her and several other in-the-know picks last week, having checked out more of her music on my own, hearing friends whose musical opinions I respect praise her and now getting bombarded by either more of her music or by incredible sound-alikes (including, interestingly, a Dell Computer ad), I've had it.
Of course, there is really nothing I can do, but the point needs to be made.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Kevin, don't worry about Feist. President's Day will soon be upon us and so will that dreaded repetitive "Hail to the Chief" tune! :)

Merry Christmas!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Maybe trans-siberian orchestra will decide they need a singer...

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Um, thanks, Mike; I feel a lot better now.

And thanks, Beth; you gave me my first out-loud laugh today. What a concert that would be.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home