Thursday, December 27, 2007

Unexpected Absence

We've been gone from the blog for several days, most of them unanticipated, but a technical situation plus the holidays had us laying low for a while.
Early Sunday nght, our modem (which we've had since the previous Internet company) finally gave out; I picked a new one up from the Time Warner offices on Chicago Street Monday afternoon. I was told to ask and make sure that it was provisioned; when I did so, the ever-so-friendly "customer service" woman said, "I don't know, I just hand them out to people." Nice.
Well, something wasn't quite right with the hook up and/or modem right away, and with repeated family commitments, we weren't able to get things running until Wednesday night, but here we are, ready for more mirth and magic.

3 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Yikes! Going without interenet for hours let alone days is a desperate situation for us!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo d00ds! Awesome Christmas card - we have it hanging on the fridge. Lots o' stuff going on at this end...good stuff, though! Sorry I haven't seen you...I'm sending much love, and promise to get some lunch or watch some hockey soon. Call me or write me, b1tch3$!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yeah, Heather, it was strange not having an Internet connection for days, especially with our phone service through Vonage. We had to catch up at work with our messages forwarded there.

Alex? Alex Lynne, the long-lost friend and singer? Between this message and hearing your voice on Jonathan and Rob's holiday CD, I've got chills.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home