Sunday, February 10, 2008

Al Franken Calling

We got a telephone call at about 6:45 p.m. tonight, between the first and second period of the Buffalo Sabres' 5-3 win over the Florida Panthers. I looked at caller ID, which read "1-402-476-3611 Al Franken for," with no more fitting on our display.
I checked to make sure, and yes, we got a call from Al Franken for Senate, because Franken, an incredibly talented writer for the early, and best, Saturday Night Live episodes and other venues, and later a slightly less successful radio talk show host, is running as a Democrat for the U.S. Senate in Minnesota.
Not being able to vote in Minnesota, I assume this was a fund-raising call, and I am thrilled to be on another telephone number list, particularly one seeking to get money from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home